Dr. Zhenghe Xu’s main research is in the area of interfacial science and surface chemistry as applied to natural resources processing and utilization. He was elected to Fellow of Canadian Academy of Engineering in 2008 and Fellow of Royal Society of Canada in 2015. Based on Web of Science, Dr. Xu has published over 420 peer-reviewed SCI journal papers, which has been cited over 11,100 times, with an h-index of 50. Dr. Xu has co-authored 1 book and co-edited 2 books, with7 issued patents . Dr. Xu has educated 82 undergraduate students, 82master students, 34 doctoral students, and 53 post-doctoral students.
- 2017-Present-Dean, College of Engineering, Southern University of Science and Technology, Shenzhen, China
- 2016-2019-----Visiting Professor, Kumamoto University, Kumamoto, Japan
- 2011-2017-----Visiting Chair Professor, Tsinghua University, Beijing, China
- 2000-2017-----Professor, Department of Chemical and Materials Engineering, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Canada
- 1997-1999-----Associate Professor, Department of Chemical and Materials Engineering, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Canada
- 1992-1996-----Assistant Professor, Department of Mining and Metallurgical Engineering, McGill University, Montreal, Canada
- 1991-1992-----Postdoctoral Fellow, Department of Chemical and Nuclear Engineering, University of California, Santa Barbara, USA
- 1990-1991-----Research Associate, Department of Mining and Minerals Processing Engineering, Virginia polytechnic Institute and State University，Blacksburg, USA
- GEDC Executive Member, 2018-Present
- Alberta Science and Technology Outstanding Achievement Award, 2018
- IMPC Council Member, 2016-2020.
- President, Metallurgy and Materials Society of CIM, 2016-2017.
- MetSoc Award for Research Excellence, Metallurgical and Materials Society of CIM, Canada, 2016.
- Fellow of Royal Society of Canada (FRSC), 2015
- Syncrude Award for Excellence in Sustainable Development, Canadian Institute of Mining, Metallurgy and Petroleum (CIM), 2015
- The Teck Environmental Award, Metallurgical and Materials Society of CIM, Canada, 2013.
- APEGA Frank Spragins Technical Award, Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists, 2012.
- Bantrel Award in Design and Industrial Practice, Canadian Society for Chemical Engineering, 2009.
- NSERC Industry Research Chair in Oil Sands Engineering, 2008-2018.
- Fellow of Canadian Academy of Engineering, 2008.
- Canada Research Chair (Tier I) in Mineral Processing, 2006-2020.